Wines were selected after five days of tasting in Japan.An international wine competition judged exclusivel y by Japanese female wine specialists awarded 13 Georgian wines with Double Gold, Gold and Silver medals.
Out of the 13 Georgian wines awarded, one received a Double Gold medal, 7 were awarded Gold medals and 5 earned Silver medals. Compared to last year's results, Georgia shows progress at Sakura Wine Awards. In 2016, Georgia earned nine medals, including one Double Gold medal, four Gold medals and four earned Silver medals.
Here are the winning Georgian wines:
- Vaziani Company Saperavi 2015
- Binekhi Saperavi 2015 2015
- Telavi Wine Cellar Marani Kondoli Vineyards Saperavi 2014
- Telavi Wine Cellar Satrapezo Saperavi 2013
- Mildiani Kindzmarauli 2014
- Tsinandali Old Cellar (Brand name - Mildiani) Kindzmarauli 2014
- Vaziani Company Kisi 2015
- Winery Khareba Saperavi 2013
- Besini Premium Dry Red 2013
- Telavi Wine Cellar Marani Mukuzani 2014
- Tsinandali Old Cellar (Brand name - Mildiani) Saperavi Reserve 2011
- Shumi Saperavi Bio 2014
- Winery Khareba Kindzmarauli 2014
Japan is an important and growing export market for Georgian wine.