Georgia's result this year's is better than last year (13 awarded wines). However, in 2013 Georgian wines have received only Bronze and Commended Awards, while in 2012 Georgia also won Silver (for more 2012's details see here).
Full list of Georgian winners follows below:
- Kindzmarauli Schuchmann Wines Georgia, 2010
- Marani Kondoli Vineyards Mtsvane-Kisi, 2012
- Marani Kondoli Vineyards Saperavi, 2010
- Marani Kondoli Vineyards Saperavi-Merlot, 2010
- Marani Mukuzani, 2009
- Marani Saperavi, 2012
- Chkera, 2011 by Qimerioni LLC
- Marani Kindzmarauli, 2011
- Marani Saperavi Rose, 2012
- Marani Tsinandali, 2011
- Samshvenisi Kvevris, 2011 by Jsc Teliani Valley
- Saperavi, 2010 by Wine Company Shumi
- Tsinadali, 2011by Jsc Teliani Valley
- Tsinandali, 2011 by Besini Copmany Ltd
- Tsolikouri, 2011 by Jsc Teliani Valley
The International Wine Challenge (IWC) is an annual wine competition. The IWC now has over 12,000 entries. The results of the competition are published on the International Wine Challenge website in May, in trade bi-weekly magazine Harpers Wine & Spirit Trade Review and the World's Best Wines Guide iPhone App.
The competition takes place over two weeks. There are three rounds of blind tasting: groups of eight to twelve wines of the same style are tasted and scored by tables of 4 or 5 judges. There are over 400 judges. Each year, the achievements of the top medal winners, and the leading wine merchants, are publicly rewarded at the International Wine Challenge Awards Dinner. The IWC awards ceremony officially unveils the Champion Trophy Winners, Merchant of the Year Awards, Great Value Trophy Winners and Winemaker of the Year Awards, along with Personality of the Year and Lifetime Achievement Award.
© Hvino News