Director of the Kakhetian Traditional Winemaking Mr. Zurab Chkhaidze notes that they are waiting for the road opening to immediately restore the export. Moreover, about two-week supplies have been sent to Russia. According to him, if the road is not opened within two weeks, then they will have to search an alternative road: the company’s products will enter Russia from the Azerbaijani or Ukrainian territory.
Director of Dugladze Wine Company Mr. Zaza Dugladze says that they managed to send one consignment of the product before the landslide in the Darial Gorge while another remains on the Georgian territory.
"We hope that the road will open on Sunday or Monday, but if this does not happen, then we‘ll face problems,”- Mr. Dugladze adds. In his words, the company is going to send cargo to Russia by plane, which, naturally, will be more expensive.